SARS-US, MERS-US, COVID-US; the World Deserves Answers
Questions the US government needs to answer:
- On the topic of the US using biological weapons in China and North Korea, most everyone today knows the truth, the huge volume of accumulated evidence beyond dispute. After lying about it for 70 years, would you care to finally admit what you did? (1) (2) (3)
2. In your decades-long campaign of biological warfare against little Cuba, including the distribution of hemorrhagic fever, and the swine flu that caused Cuba to kill all 500,000 pigs in the country, the evidence of US responsibility is overwhelming. You have not only lied about this for 70 years but tried to turn the tables by accusing Cuba of being “a pariah state” with a germ warfare program. Would you care to retract your false accusations and finally admit to the world what you did? (4) (5) (6)
3. Please explain why the US has some 400 military bio-weapons labs scattered in (mostly poor and backward) countries around the world, including new ones in Georgia, Ukraine, Moldova, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. Why not build them in your own back yard? Several nations are demanding that you dismantle these labs and take them home where they belong. Do you intend to comply?(7) (8) (9)
4. In 2004, the Hong Kong Wenweipo published an article titled, “Earliest SARS outbreak suspected in US”, quoting AP and Reuters about a 45-year-old American woman who became gravely ill with typical SARS symptoms a few months prior to the outbreak in Hong Kong and who died within a day, with the entire hospital and about 80 other individuals with whom she’d had contact all being immediately quarantined. Wenweipo, Chinese researchers, Russian virologists, and military experts speculated the SARS-US virus was necessarily man-made and almost certainly released from a US military lab, the US leak being covered up. Would you comment, please? (10)
5. Can you explain how the Western (US) media immediately and unanimously knew SARS-US was caused by civets when for months nobody on the ground knew anything factual, and later almost everyone on the ground was suspecting Fort Detrick as the source? SARS-US was released in China, in Guangdong Province, but patient zero unfortunately immediately traveled to Hong Kong, sparing China but devastating Hong Kong instead. Would you comment?
6. COVID-US, like SARS-US, appears to be Chinese-specific, 99.5% affecting only ethnic Chinese, with no infected foreigners in Wuhan or China, which naturally raises questions. Harvard University – with apparent funding from the US military – conducted a series of illegal and outrageously unethical “studies” in China (after having been specifically forbidden to do so), surreptitiously collecting hundreds of thousands of Chinese DNA samples, then illegally removing them from the country. Many questions were raised about the (military) application of those samples. Would you care to comment? (11)
7. Please can you explain why MERS-US exploded in South Korea at the JUPITR-ATD bio-weapons lab on the US Airbase at Osan, and why more than 100 South Korean soldiers were suddenly quarantined on the base? (12)
9. Please would you explain why the US military seems to be taking such a strong lead in the COVID-US outbreak in South Korea, and why US servicemen have such frequent contact, “hanging with a Jonestown outfit” (16) like the fanatic Shincheonji religious cult who have been the source of most COVID-USA infections in South Korea? Please would you also explain the coincidence of both MERS-US and COVID-US appearing to have perhaps originated from the same JUPITR-ATD labs at the same Osan Airbase?
10. You recently commented that you could kill the entire population of Afghanistan within days. “Afghanistan would be wiped off the face of the Earth. It would be gone and this is not using nuclear. It would be over in – literally, in 10 days.” How, exactly were you proposing do that? Biological weapons would seem the only alternative. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever and Hantavirus worked for the US in North Korea once; they should work again. Please elaborate. (17) (18) (19)
11. Please would you explain to China and the world why the CDC shut down the Fort Detrick USAMRIID bio-weapons lab? Was it really due, as your media claimed, to a simple “lack of procedure”? Barring massive contamination and/or infections, why was that huge (80,000 sq. meters) site kept sealed for six months of testing and decontamination before being permitted to only partially resume work? Also, could you explain why most English-language news websites were suddenly scrubbed of all reference to the closure of Fort Detrick when the coronavirus erupted in Wuhan? (20) (21)
12. In October of 2019, your country hosted Event 201 that appeared in retrospect to have been a live simulation of the virus outbreak that occurred in Wuhan shortly after. Also, in a 2019 Netflix documentary titled “The Next Pandemic”, your Bill Gates predicted a pandemic resulting from a coronavirus-like outbreak – starting at a Chinese market. Can you explain these apparently startling coincidences? If Event 201 was an innocent civilian exercise, why was the CIA involved as a participant? Did they conduct the simulation?
13. Odd that in the months prior to the coronavirus outbreak (and again during the epidemic), China was hit with 4 unexplained viral outbreaks in quick succession, new or unusual animal viruses that destroyed much of the nation’s livestock and poultry, causing much economic damage and necessitating the purchase of large volumes of US agricultural products. It would seem that Mother Nature decided to align herself with US foreign policy, not only joining your trade war and assisting your effort to ‘bring China down’ but her apparent unprecedented complicity in choosing the worst possible time of the year and perhaps the worst possible location. In your opinion were these merely coincidences, a run of bad luck, perhaps? Please would you comment, and would you care to predict where this will end? (22)
13. It seems the swine flu that devastated China’s livestock in 2019 was not an act of god or nature but was done by unknown persons flying small drones over the country’s pig farms and infecting thousands of locations, resulting in the culling of more than 100 million pigs. Does this seem unusual to you? Would you care to comment on the probable culprits? (See note 2. above) Please note that “Chinese gangs” and “pork speculators” have already been eliminated from suspicion.(23)
14. With regard to COVID-US, we don’t believe it was brought to China by infected soldiers at the Wuhan military games. If that had been true, all foreign soldiers would have been infected first and taken the virus to their home countries, but events did not progress in that sequence. Please would you tell us how it might have happened? Certainly the Chinese people have a right to know.
15. It has been conclusively proven that COVID-US did not originate at the Wuhan market, nor in Wuhan at all, nor in China. Further, the virus strains in most nations are different from the one that contaminated Wuhan. Please would you comment on this, in light of your “Chinese virus” statements? (24)
16. Similarly, the people in Italy and Iran would like to know how different strains of the virus might have traveled to their countries. As well, the entire world is wondering why there were two large waves of global infection, the first infecting 25 countries at the same time around January 25, and the second with 85 countries simultaneously experiencing explosive domestic multiple outbreaks within a few days of each other around February 25 – and mostly different from the strain in China. Since only the US has all the various strains, it would seem those infections must have originated in your country. Would you care to explain how this might have happened?(25)
17. Following from the above, Japan, South Korea, Italy and Iran all reported that their domestic outbreaks of COVID-US had no confirmed cases of exposure with China but showed connection with the United States. Similarly, Australia claims 80% of its infections came from the US, other countries also identifying infections that were Made in America. As well, the huge pent-up eruptions in Washington and New York were entirely domestic in origin, having no proven connection with China. Please will you explain this? (26) (27) (28)
18. China, Italy, and several other nations in Asia and Europe now have documented proof that COVID-US was circulating in their populations for several months before the outbreak in Wuhan. Japan and Taiwan have documented proof that several Japanese became infected in Hawaii in late September of 2019. Please would you address and explain this? (29) (30)
19. Two years ago, John Bolton fired the entire executive group responsible for pandemic response coordination, eviscerating your nation’s infectious disease defense infrastructure. In light of current events, can you explain his actions and your approval of them? You also cut funding for the CDC, eliminating 80% of their global disease prevention efforts, in other words the department that could have helped other nations detect and control the epidemics they later suffered. More specifically, a key CDC epidemiologist was embedded in China’s disease control agency, but you eliminated her position and brought her home shortly before the virus outbreak in Wuhan. Please explain why you withdrew her at that particular time. (31) (32) (33)
20. For COVID-USA, why did the CDC forbid testing of Americans? Why did the CDC refuse to test even those already in an ICU and on a ventilator? Was it to prevent Americans from learning of the epidemic already loose in their country? Why was Dr. Helen Chu issued a threatening “cease and desist” order to stop testing nasal swabs her flu research team had taken in Washington State from October 2019 onward? Was it to prevent the knowledge emerging that the virus had already been circulating freely months earlier? This is pertinent because normally the reason we don’t ask a question privately is because we already know the answer, and the reason we don’t ask the question publicly is because we don’t want anyone else to know the answer. (34)
21. CDC Director Redfield admitted that US flu deaths were actually from the coronavirus. How many of the 35 million infections and 20,000 deaths were misdiagnosed? Was this accidental? When the cause of death was discovered in autopsies, why was the information kept secret? Why were deceased victims’ families told they died of influenza when the death certificates read “coronavirus”? (35)
22. I have many messages from Americans in Washington, New York, California, Maryland, Virginia, and other states claiming infection, mostly in the latter part of December of 2019 but several as early as late September, all describing similar symptoms consistent with COVID-US.
<BLOCKQUOTE>”I am sure you get thousands of emails but wanted you to know how much I enjoyed and believed your article. I have been trying to find this information online. I firmly believe I am one of the US citizens who had this virus in December 2019. Please continue your research.”
“I live in southwestern Pennsylvania. I became sick very quickly on December 23 at work. I figured I had caught the flu. Although it was unlike anything I have ever had before. In hindsight I see that I had all of the exact symptoms of the Coronavirus.”
“It was September 30 2019-October 9 2019 when my husband was hospitalized.”</BLOCKQUOTE>
23. Please would you comment on the apparent existence of COVID-US being widespread in America from September, 2019?
24. The WHO emphasised the most important thing was to “test, test, test”, but the US is the one country that steadfastly refused to test, using many excuses that appear both lame and suspicious in retrospect. Harvard Global Health Institute’s Dr. Ashish Jha said America’s “response has been abysmal. It’s hard to imagine how they could’ve done it worse. We’re still the only major country in the world that [is not doing] widespread testing for coronavirus . . . That’s insane given our technical and scientific capacity.” Please would you comment on this? (36)
25. You gave yourself a top grade in handling this crisis, saying, “I’d rate it a 10. I think we did a great job.” Would you care to explain how you arrived at that figure? Meanwhile, even the NYT disagreed with you, saying, “The failure to tap into the flu study [Dr. Helen Chu], detailed here for the first time, was just one in a series of missed chances by the federal government to ensure more widespread testing during the early days of the outbreak, when containment would have been easier.” Please would you comment?(37) (38)
26. Your White House and US media made much play of the proximity of the Wuhan University to the seafood market – where you claimed the virus outbreak originated. Please would you have one of your staff perform a map search for the following address?: Trade Tower I, No. 568, Jianshe Avenue, Jianghan District, Wuhan 430022.(39) Now, would you care to write a paragraph on the following topic: “US Consulate General suspiciously close to seafood market in Wuhan”?
27. In early March you amazingly declared as classified all COVID-US information and meetings, with all communication to be rerouted through the White House and coordinated with NSC officials. Only specified individuals with security clearance are permitted to attend secret meetings, with no mobile phones or computers allowed. Excluded staff members claimed they were told virus information was classified “because it had to do with China”. Please will you comment on the need for such extreme secrecy (while condemning China for lack of transparency), and please would you explain how coping with a virus epidemic in your country has anything “to do” with China? (40) (41) (42)
28. Virologists are unanimous that the first act after a pathogen outbreak (whether natural or contrived) is to hunt down the source and locate the ‘patient zero’, so as to stop the infection at its origin. All major countries made great efforts in this regard – except the US who made no apparent effort of any kind. Please could you explain why this is so?
29. For several months now, Chinese, Italian, and Iranian Medical and State authorities have been calling for international collaboration to trace the precise genetic trail of the global outbreaks and identify the true origin of the virus. Since all of humankind desperately wants the answers, is the US cooperating in this effort?
30. The US media made a great fuss about China punishing its so-called whistle-blower Li Wenliang, some inventing false claims he was forced into a confession and even imprisoned. The official narrative of course is that America treasures its whistle-blowers while the Chinese are mean to theirs. But today, Li Wenliang is a national hero in China. Would you care to comment and compare his position with those of Edward Snowdon, Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning?
31. It is documented that your Radio Free Asia created and promulgated widely the falsehoods that the University at Wuhan is a bio-weapons lab and the coronavirus leaked from there. Since Radio Free Asia is an integral part of your misinformation machine and reports to Mike Pompeo, would either he or you care to comment on this apparent slander?
32. Your White House and media have tried to shame China with accusations and insinuations of a bad record of biological pathogen leaks, even though China had only two or three small leaks about 10 years ago, and nothing since. However, your own CDC verifies that between 2005 and 2012 the US had 1,059 instances of theft or leaks of dangerous pathogens which broke containment. One every three days for seven years. Please would you comment on this disparity? (43) (44) (45)
33. A virus test in China costs less than $100 and is paid by the government. In the US, cost of the same test ranges between $1,500 and $3,000 and must be paid by the patients – who may have no health insurance. Please would you comment on the relative attractiveness of the US Health Care system, and please would you note for whom it is attractive?
34. This is the documented China timeline for the COVID-US outbreak:
Dec 26, 2019: Jixian Zhang detects four anomalous pneumonia infections in Wuhan and reports them to the provincial CDC the next day. The provincial authorities immediately inform the national CDC which prepares to implement the pandemic response protocols. Prior infections had still not been grouped or identified.
December 30, 2019: China’s national CDC notifies the WHO.
December 31, 2019: The WHO publicly reports the new virus outbreak.
January 7, 2020: Chinese virologists identify the virus and confirm a full genome sequencing five days later.
In light of the above, please would you explain your claims that Chinese medical authorities “covered up” the outbreak and “cost the world two months” of preparation time. The claimed two month delay would mean China had to notify the world in October of a virus that would not emerge for another six weeks. Please would you elaborate on your claims?
35. If it were China with the above history and SARS, MERS, AIDS, EBOLA, bird flu, swine flu, and COVID-19 first erupted in the US, you would claim this as 100% proof that China was responsible. It cannot be a surprise that much of the world today is naturally tending to lay these outbreaks at your doorstep. Would you care to comment?
36. Mr. Pompeo instructed the global State Department staff to vigorously blame China for COVID-US, although I believe Mr. Pompeo is on record as having stated that the government “lies, cheats, and steals” in order to accomplish its objectives. If memory serves, he publicly admitted that lying is one of the most powerful American abilities, sprinkling baseless accusations like pouring dirty water into clean water, to leave a polluted slurry. Since Mr. Pompeo functions at your pleasure, would you please comment on the extent to which you share his philosophy? (46) (47)
37. Mr. Pompeo issued the global State Department staff with specific orders to paint the US “in every interview” as “The greatest humanitarian nation in the history of the world”. But you recently increased sanctions on Iran, preventing the purchase of critical medical supplies, and you ensured the World Bank would decline Venezuela’s plea for financial medical assistance. While China, Russia, and Cuba have sent medical supplies and physicians to nearly 100 nations around the world, your USA has provided assistance to nobody. These actions would seem inconsistent with your self-image of a ‘great humanitarian nation’, instead appearing to the world as almost savagely inhuman. Please would you reconcile this apparent discrepancy?
38. Many people in Iran and Venezuela too, are dying every day now as a direct result of your policies. Please would you explain the pleasure derived from killing?
39. Recent news reports that you called the President of tiny South Korea to beg for medical supplies. That seems a bit pathetic, but perhaps you could explain. Reports that China is shipping thousands of tonnes of medical supplies to the US. Would you care to comment on the position that the world should treat the US as the US is treating Iran, and refuse to send anything?
40. The 1918 “Spanish” influenza pandemic that killed between 20 million and 50 million people was proven to have originated in the US and propagated throughout the world from secrecy and recklessness. The 2008 H1N1 pandemic also originated in the US and spread through the world from the same causes, your CDC for 6 months unable or unwilling to identify the pathogen, while maintaining secrecy and promoting misinformation, causing between 200,000 and 500,000 premature deaths worldwide. HIV-AIDS also originated in the US, its simultaneous spread to two other continents still a matter of fierce debate. Would you care to comment on US culpability in these deadly epidemics? Do you plan to apologise to the world for your carelessness? Would you support class-action lawsuits in favor of the victims?
I believe the truth about COVID-US will eventually come out. There must be many people with personal knowledge of the source and method of distribution. What we need now is one more brave Edward Snowdon or Chelsea Manning to leak the information. We will then see how truly the US treasures its whistle-blowers.
Larry Romanoff is a retired management consultant and businessman. He has held senior executive positions in international consulting firms, and owned an international import-export business. He has been a visiting professor at Shanghai’s Fudan University, presenting case studies in international affairs to senior EMBA classes. Mr. Romanoff lives in Shanghai and is currently writing a series of ten books generally related to China and the West. He is a Research Associate of the Centre for Research on Globalization (CRG). He can be contacted at: email@example.com
(10) The original links are no longer active. An archive search would be necessary to locate the Wenweipo, AP and Reuters articles.
(11) Why Didn’t Any Americans Die From SARS?https://www.caixinglobal.com/2020-03-12/reporters-note-why-didnt-any-americans-die-from-sars-101527535.html
(15) The Ebola Strain Links African Outbreak To A Lab Escape; http://www.rense.com/
(16) A description of Shincheonji from a friend named Kate
(27) Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison speaks during a joint press conference with New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern at Admiralty House in Sydney, Australia, February 28, 2020. /Reuters
(39) Contribution by an online friend whose name I have not learned.